Friday, January 21, 2011

* Yourself As A Consumer Of Information *

No one is capable of living by themselves alone. I am sure that throughout their life, a person would need someone as their guardian to accompany them and journey with them. It can be anyone, a friend, an acquaintance, relatives or even a partner.

Well, that applies to my story and how I was shaped with the guardian of two very special people that I am blessed to have, my mother and my father.

I am Leanndrea Anne Paramaraj, turning 20 this year, living as the youngest with my elder sister Marissa. My father Peter is a free lance musician, who performs at private functions and for weddings, and my mother Carey on the other hand is a secretary in her office.

With two daughters at home, my parents always look out for us. My dad can be strict, and I mean VERY strict. Because my father was so stern, I was always afraid of him and we hardly spoke, and even if we did, it would be a basic conversation. Since I was a little girl, my father had always been very protective over me. It may be a normal thing for all parents to be protective over their children, but daddy was always EXTRA protective in whatever I do and wherever I go.

Even right up till now, my father protects and looks after me as though I am still his little girl. During high school days, daddy would drop me off at school even though my school is a 4minutes walk away from my house. Never at all would he allow me to walk to school, and walk back after school. He even hired a babysitter for my sister and I up till we were 16 years old.

Daddy hardly allowed us to go out with our friends, and even if we did, my mum had to tag along at times. He also had issues if we had too much guy friends, and we weren’t allowed to give out our numbers to these people unnecessarily.

Mummy on the other hand, made sure we had proper guidance and teachings. She always brought me to church and sends me for Catechism. She was also a Catechism teacher for about 8 years. She thought me to grow the right way and walk on the right path.

I would say that mummy was the supportive one. She was the one I could talk to and pour out all my problems to. She would always be there for me no matter. Mummy had a caring and loving personality that I adored. She always made me her special little girl. Though she can be protective and strict at time, but I guess that’s what parents are for.

With my father and mother being strict, stern and with all the parental control, I am who I am now. If it wasn’t for my father being so strict, I would be doing unwanted things. Besides that, with the guidance and support from my mother, I can rely on her in whatever situations I under go. Thus I am very happy and blessed to have such wonderful parents for bringing me up and shaping me for who I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment